Ingredients for Cooking Buttons
- Chicken eggs 3 pcs.
- Sugar 1 cup
- Margarine (or butter) 1 pack
- Soda 1/2 teaspoon
- Vinegar 9% 1/2 teaspoon
- Premium wheat flour 4-5 cups
- Main ingredients: Oil, Flour
- Serving 8 servings
- World Cuisine
Inventory:Deep bowl Casserole (small size), Mixer, blender or whisk, Small sieve (for flour), Wooden board, Rolling pin, Shot glass, Glass, Teaspoon, Cork from a plastic bottle, Cocktail, Kitchen stove or microwave, Oven (or stove with oven), Special baking paper, Baking tray, Serving dish (flat or deep)
Step 1: Prepare the eggs and butter.Eggs must be thoroughly washed with running water, broken into a deep bowl, mixed with sugar and ground to a homogeneous white mass with a whisk, mixer or blender. Place margarine or butter in a saucepan, melt it on a stove over medium heat or in the microwave (but already in a special bowl for microwave ovens).
Step 2: Knead the soft dough.
Step 3: Cut out the circles for the buttons.Divide the dough into equal pieces about the size of a palm, then roll them about 1 - 1.5 cm thick. Cut out circles from the dough with a special shape or a glass. Do not throw away the trimmings, they can be rolled up and further used to form “buttons”.
Step 4: Make holes in the buttons.In order to give our circles the appearance of buttons, we need to make small indentations in them with the help of an ordinary cork from a plastic bottle, in which small holes are squeezed out with a cocktail tube. It is very important that the diameter of the glass, which will form the circles, is much larger than the diameter of the cork.
Step 5: Bake the buttons in the oven.The oven must be preheated up to 180 - 200 degrees. Cover the baking sheet with special baking paper, which is greased with vegetable or butter. Put the “buttons” in rows so that the distance between them is not less than 2 - 2.5 cm. Bake cookies necessary about 10 - 15 minutes.
Step 6: Serve the Buttons Cookies.The Buttons cookies will be an excellent dessert on a typical day or any holiday. It is best served in a large, deep or flat serving platter with tea, coffee, cocoa, warm or cold milk, as well as various fruit juices or cocktails. Good appetite!
- - To make the cookies not so dry and sweetly sweet, you can add lemon zest or lemon juice to the dough.
- - If you want to bring even more variety to the dessert, you can add food coloring to the dough, and then you will get multi-colored buttons.
- - When the finished cookie cools down, multi-colored ropes can be inserted into the button holes.
- - “Buttons” cookies can be served with hot chocolate, it will be very tasty if dipped in this treat.